Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Resolution:


I gotta stop drinking. Haha! I'm kidding. I've never actually been inside Weaverville's tavern - (yep, it's a tavern, folks. not a bar) It even still has the old-western swinging doors. No joke) - but I thought Karalenn might enjoy more pictures of the hometown. So many trees! And the shops on main street (as well as the Diggins, there) still have the false fronts that they were built with back in the late 19th century.
I have been trying to spend the morning looking back on last year, and looking forward to the next with a sense of purpose. Trying to pick a resolution for January (I'm going month by month this year - it keeps up the fun) and trying not to think "i need to get in the shower" and "i need to organize my sewing room" because it's putting a cramp in my long-term focus.

I bet if I just got in the shower, and organized my sewing room, then I'd be able to focus just fine, but I'm going to go ahead and be stubborn about it.

I did manage to make a list of all the projects I want to do this year. Well not ALL - but at least the ones that have been nagging at me for quite some time now. I'll post it tomorrow.

Had a fun New Year's Eve party with friends last night. Watched a movie and clicked over for the ball-drop at midnight. Dick Clark kinda freaked us all out. He looks like he needs a looooong vacation. We had lots of good food and fun for the kids. No pictures - my camera sacrificed it's batteries to an xbox controller, and then I never bothered to put more in.

My feet are warm in my new slippers and my belly is warm with Stephen's Mint Cocoa - and I'm feeling very dull and non-witty-and-interesting right now. Bummer for the blog, but it's a nice feeling to have.

The warm-ness I mean. Not the lame-ness.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh!!! That picture with the road & the trees & the hills just makes me miss home so much! *sniff*

Gurgy said...

Once you get yourself organized, please come and help me ok?? I so desparately need it!!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I love that tavern picture. ANything having to do with beer just cracks me up. THanks for adding more pics of your town. Makes me wish I grew up there, but mostly for that tavern. :)