Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Why Gambling is Bad:

oh, sorry. That picture has nothing to do with gambling at all. I just like it. It's been in my files for ever and sadly I cannot give credit where credit is due because I have no idea where I got it. But it's somebody's.  And it's awesome.

Back to Gambling.

While we were in Lake Arrowhead we had a lot of time on our hands and there was a foosball table upstairs. So on Saturday Craig asked if I wanted to play a few games with him and I agreed.  The first game was pretty close and we were getting a bit competitive. 

CRAIG: so, do you want to make this game more interesting?
ME: what did you have in mind?
CRAIG: if I win, you have to iron my shirts every time you do laundry for all of January.
ME: and if I win, I get a girls' night out every weekend?
CRAIG: done!

so, I ironed 9 shirts last night.... 

but did we stop there? No! We did not! After I lost that game, I went on to lose several more games, and bits of my freedom for the first half of 2010.  Some highlights:

I am not allowed to wake him when he is snoring for all of January. (I may have to move to the couch)
I have to get all magazines out of the house by the end of February, (dang it!), and he gets every saturday in Feb (but one, for Fletch's b-day) to do what he wants with.
I have to make lunch for him every day in March.
I have to make an investment plan for us in April (heaven help me, I am not looking forward to that one).

However, all is not lost! February sees my night-owl of a husband waking up with me at 6 every day to do Yoga. (hehe!!)  In March I get a girls' night every weekend; AND he has to complete 3 "honey-do" tasks every. single. day. 

oh yeah.

And in April? I won myself and my mom a quilting retreat. 

May - now this is the good one - In May..... he has to drive the boys to school every morning!

Is it worth it? Well, probably not. Most of those things he would happily let me do, or do for me, just because he is awesome and loving. (I said MOST, mind you).  

Was it fun? Playing for high stakes and moaning in agony when I lost? Heck yeah. 

5 comments:

Amber said...

That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Anne said...

I know where you can get some free magazines after you empty your house.

Catherine said...

Um... can you just mail me your magazines?

Oh, and don't forget the bits of advice I gave earlier regarding the chores you now have! :)

Also, I may ACTUALLY join you for the quilting retreat. Talk to your Mom to make sure that she wasn't planning on it being an awesome Mother/Daughter weekend first before I intrude!

Gurgy said...

Too funny! It ALMOST sounds like you guys came out even in the end though. I spoke to your mom yesterday and she is so looking forward to your retreat.

Pomona Noltes said...

that is the highest amount of bets ever. did you write them all down? you guys need counseling. lol