Monday, January 25, 2010

This is why I haven't finished the shirt yet - it had priority 1 status. Craig's co-worker had a baby several weeks ago and I needed to get this done! 


For the blanket I made a square-yard sized log cabin block in 3 1/2 inch strips with blue and orange batiks. (well, okay - really the blue dot is batik - the others are fakers)

I backed it with a super soft furry fabric from JoAnn Fabrics that Britney told me about, and edged it with satin ribbon. (this is one of those "sew it inside out and leave a space to turn it through, then sew up the hole" blankets. it's not quilted) 

the quilt, I did in the "trip around the world" pattern with some fun fabrics (pirate maps, constellations, music), and I sewed ric-rac into the binding for a little extra fun.

the parents are both canadian so I did this for the back:

and machine quilted it with my walking foot. 

phew! done!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

The quilts look so good! The first one looks super soft!

Staci said...

Wow! Not too shabby.

Jeanne said...

They look great!

Catherine said...

shut up.