Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This Birmingham Sewist is always scouting the runways and searching the patterns for the new trends and cute projects.  I hop on her blog every month or so to get inspired by what she's made lately and to drool over what she's looking at making in the near future. Here are a couple of my recent favorites: (I'd like to say that I'm going to make them, but you all know better, don't you?)

The gray suit is V1169
The red dress is V1162
Now, I have sewn a couple of Vogue dresses. Each time, I wanted to toss the whole thing in the garbage halfway through and tear all of my hair out. It's always lined, and there's hand stitching to be done. But the end product always looks so good. 

3 comments:

Staci said...

You have great taste! I love your new background. Very you.

Jeanne said...

Love the red dress!

Catherine said...

I like how, in the gray dress, the front view has the girl's hair all messy and blowing everywhere and then when they show the back view it's all tidy and tucked away...