Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I got this shirt-dress at Ann Taylor Loft a couple of months ago. It was on sale, but it was not long enough for me to wear as a dress and too long for a shirt. Lucky me, the self-belt was missing so I got another discount and brought it home to fix up.

First, I cut off about 6 inches from the bottom. I would have cut more, but there are pockets, which I desperately wanted to keep intact. 

Then I cut that 6 inches of fabric into strips in order to make another self-belt for the top. 
and when I finish it tomorrow, I will post photos! :)

4 comments:

Gurgy said...

Oh I LOVE long tops like that! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Staci said...

Exciting! I can't wait to see the results.

Sharon said...

WHAT!!!! NO!!! How could you cut up a perfectly long tunic-like shirt!!! *whimper* You are not my sister. -_-

Lindsey R. said...

Can't wait to see the finished garment!