Monday, April 28, 2008

A pat on the back, and a kick in the butt.

so we had a great weekend. took the kids to California Adventure, which was mega-hot but still quite fun (free is always more fun, right?) and then craig had a 'guys night' and hannah came over to hang with me and the boys and watch the truly, horrificaly, bad "Sydney White". (thanks Hannah, i know it was painful. i appreciate your willingness to suffer through it with me)
and then Sunday we napped a lot, and rolled around on the floor with the boys and wrestled for hours. and I went to Julie's house and started making costume decisions for Kiss Me Kate.
Elle came over Friday night and the kids painted picture frames. yeah - they're still on the table, 3 days later....with my wilted daffodils.
I was really productive today, too. I found us some insurance for May, since we no longer have a reason to COBRA the insurance from DD. I also got all of our financial stuff together so we could hash out "maybe-someday-we'll-buy-a-house" tonight.
And I walked like, 3 miles. Taking Connor to and from school, and going to the bank. All good stuff, right? Then me an' the boys went swimming, which was definetely necessary.
but now i absolutely have no more excuses for neglecting my apartment. (no way were you getting any photos of my kitchen) Now I MUST go clean. Hard core.

I figured, if I posted a bunch of shameful pictures for y'all to see, it would induce me to get stuff done faster. So then I could post sparkly pictures and prove that I'm not all-slob, all-the-time.

If I don't manage to post sparkly pictures, then it will be because I'm just so busy being creative and wonderful that i don't have time to post them. Naturally I will get everything done.

naturally.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Of course, me too, naturally.

hannah said...

i am happy to be your horrible movie partner anytime. as for the rest,how about a trade? i'll clean your house and you can write my last two finals (grin before sobbing hysterically).

Goldthorpe Family! said...

Brent wants to know if that first picture was posted especially for him so you don't have to take your kid to the dentist. He says "that is not a replacement for a proper dental exam". :o)

Nanette said...

Aw, it's not so bad!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I don't have the guts to post what my house looks like at the moment. It makes me want to cry that it was perfect last night and somehow in 2 hours the girls have destroyed it. I was going to get up and attack it and make the girls attack it, but I came straight to your blog after getting home from teaching. Your latest post has not made me forget what I should be doing and be able to escape. Naturally. So thanks a lot. I guess I will call you while I clean. That always gets me off my butt. HOpe you are okay with being the friend that can some how get me cleaning. Just tell me if I use you too much.