Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I feel the earth! move!

except that I really don't. the boys and I completely missed the earthquake today because we were walking to the park. (apparently one does not feel a quake when one is walking). they were totally bummed.

while everyone is talking about it, we are all fine here on the west side and nothing fell over or anything like that. some people are a bit freaked out, but it's hard to feel worried when I didn't feel anything! although I confess I've been looking thru the food storage today and thinking, "maybe we could use some more of this and that...."

*photo courtesy of the internet. not actually from here or from this quake. :)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi-
I found your blog when I was doing some food storage research. Anyway, something to help out with your food storage is this site:

http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/

My friend and I just started it - it's a step-by-step guide for food storage and emergency prep. Good luck!

-Hannah

Meg said...

I had the same thought about food storage...crazy how people in the Church think about the same things. PS Love your blog!

Jeanne said...

Glad you're ok and that the photo is not from anything near you :)

Erin said...

Good to know, I was wondering. Glad you are all safe.

Joni said...

ya know, for me it was Hurricane Katrina that made me actually start taking food storage seriously. not that we get many hurricanes here in INDIANA, but it's nice to know that if the big one ever hits that we will have plenty of wheat.