Monday, June 23, 2008

Have you ever had this expression?

A lot of "Why did I think this was a good idea?" mixed with some, "Are we done yet?" and a pinch of "Can I lay down and die now?"

Craig shot this one of me our first day in Yosemite, 4 miles into our 5 mile hike.

Now, I love hiking. It's fun. Really. But I hadn't been on a hike of this length/steepness (is steepness a word? It can't possibly be..) in just years and so I felt occasion to regret having been the one to encourage everyone to go further in the first place.

Anyway.

Lately I think I've been wearing this expression rather frequently. What with taking on way too many projects for "other people", and not getting a single one of my projects done/worked on AT ALL, trying to find new furniture for our now-furniture-less (besides the couch) living room, and dying of heat stroke in this rediculous wave going thru Los Angeles.

Craig is not-quite-smug about my situation. He TOLD me not to volunteer to do costuming for Kiss Me Kate. He TOLD me it would be a nightmare and that I would push everything to the last minute and be a giant ball of stress, and naturally he was right because he is always right.

A week from now, I should be wearing a much more calm/serene/happy/relieved expression. Good thing I bought this new Yoga video. It's been helping tons.

off to work...

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Good luck! You'll never change, though, you know, because it is who you are-kind, always.

Maxine Parrish said...

I have to say that I'm fairly relieved to be living too far to participate in Kiss Me Kate, as I'm positive that my own face would also be wearing that same expression. Good luck!

Gurgy said...

LOL yep thats you all right, too bad we do not live closer, we could come over and help you out. But I will NEVER ever live in LA again lol.

Unknown said...

Oy girl that is you to a tee. *hugs* things will get back to normal soon...then Craig needs to tie you down so you can't accept things like that again XD hehehe. I wish I lived closer, I would help you out but like Mom said neither of us will ever live in LA again. lol

hannah said...

one thing at a time... then: boundaries :)

Nanette said...

Uh-oh. I hope I don't regret the hike I have planned tomorrow!