Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trunk-or-Treat!


Craig opened up the Scion and used pvc pipe and upholstery fabric to make our trunk into a shop from the "Zelda, Twilight Princess" game. Good place to purchase weapons, potions. You know, the usual.


Craig is generic-shopkeeper-guy. I'm sad that Connor is standing in front of him though - the black crushed-velvet pants I made him wear were awesome. I think he was a little bit disturbed at how much I liked them, actually.
Connor as the cutest Link ever. (Sorry, Connor, I meant 'most heroic ever')

For those who do not know the game, Link turns into a wolf for a good portion of it. That was Fletcher. He who would not wear his hood-strap UNDER his chin...


And I was Zelda. Tricky making the armor/shoulder pads. Fused some thick pellon onto felt and did it that way. I was really proud of myself for all the creativity and sewing - let me tell you! ...and then I saw this


Dang.

6 comments:

hannah said...

your costumes were fab. especially considering you did them in like three days! loved the Zelda shield on the car... SOMEBODY must have worked really hard on that :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Holy cow kristen! AMAZING! You look so cute too. Your look reminds me of the puppet girl in the "Dark Chrystal". I am in awe with Craiger's idea for the shop. I mean, wow! How inventive to use safey pins for a hem in it. :) Funny guy- especially when there's a sewing machine right in your house. The boys look perfect! Can't wait for next year. Guess we better get started.

Hot Chocolate said...

You guys are such cool parents. What fun memories you are making for your kids. I hope you won some sort of prize for either your costume or your car. Tell Craig we can't wait for the post that includes the crushed velvet pants pic. :)

Erin said...

You're still amazing...just read my blog & you'll feel like super-mom in addition to being Zelda. You guys are great! xoxox

Nanette said...

Oh you know you are much cuter than that other girl! And you do NOT look like that psycho on the Dark Chrystal! Have you seen that movie lately? no no no no

Kris Cahill said...

Your costumes looked great! And you didn't have a whole costume shop to play in, except yours. Awesome.