Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Feels like a Monday today.  

Our bathroom sink backed up 2 days ago and has been spitting up sludgey water since. Most of the time I have been able to empty the basin with a pitcher before it overflows but today saw two major spills and I had to wash about 6 towels this afternoon.  

Maintenance guys have come every day this week, unable to fix the problem. Finally today they called in the big guns who, at ten minutes to five, have still not shown up...

But amidst all this mess, I've been crafty!

I have been promising Robin an apron for a looooooong time now and finally today I sat down and sewed one up from some nice heavy fabric I bought at that JoAnn place (which place I am becoming more and more disgusted with).  I made up a pattern, and had to reverse-sew a few seams as a result, but it was fun practice and it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. 

Emily is also doing another challenge this year:

I love her journaling challenges. Journaling is possibly one of my most favorite things, ever, and her challenges make me expand my horizons quite a bit.  Art and scrapbooking are kindof outside my natural habitat, so to speak, and these little cards give me a chance to stretch, without having to make a big huge project. (that was a lot of commas, I completely apologize)

The journal challenge we did in '07 is my favorite journal of all time. It's so fun to go back and look at what I was thinking and feeling and how I expressed myself through the year. I'm excited to do it again!

4 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

I LOVE THAT APRON! You must make me one for my bday next year- wait that's too long... Valentines day?? ;) It is so cute. ALso, your card is wonderful! I love the letters and stitches and the bow. You must post it to her flickr so everyone else in the group (over 135 people) can enjoy it as well!

Anonymous said...

so good to be back journaling with Emily again love your tag

The Au Family said...

I must say, that apron is CUTER than cute! I bet you had a hard time giving it up. Your card is great too. Hope that everything is going well with your pregnancy!

Jennifer Davis said...

Loving your tag and that APRON! Wow!