Friday, December 31, 2010

(Bill Watterson is a genius. Is there anyone alive on the face of the earth who does not love his work?)

SO.

I am a big fan of resolutions. Making resolutions is like making lists to me, and boy do I love making lists! Checking those things off my to-do list! Wooo! I've never been particularly good at accomplishing my resolutions, but that is probably because I have never broken my resolutions down to daily or weekly to-do lists to keep me motivated and keep me going.

Enter 2011. This is the year! (yes, I say that every year).

I have wanted to do a really good budget for a long time. I've done it! I've made a budget! It's all ready for being adhered to.

I have wanted to lose these 25 pounds that crept up on me. (giant sized candy bar by giant sized candy bar. You'd think I was trying to die of a heart attack). Well, I've got 2 friends committed to train for a 1/2 marathon in June! Woo! I'm sure I can do it - I just have to train really carefully and not jack up my knee again.

We're starting with the Couch-to-5K program for the first 8 weeks; and then a "beginners" training program that is 12 weeks long for the 1/2 marathon. Starting Monday! I'm excited!

Happy New Years to you all - may 2011 be the best year you have had so far!

3 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

I've finally come up with my resolution for this year: Spend waaaaay less time on the computer while the boys are awake! Also, I am FINISHING the BoM sooner than later this year! Olive Garden, here we come! :)

Kristen said...

only a page and a half a day will get you done well before the end of the year! (that's us, starting over from the beginning as a family...)

Gurgy said...

Good luck with your 1/2 marathon, I want to do something like that but need to get my bones stronger first so I don't break something the first day out. lol

Auntie