Thursday, February 03, 2011

Be of Good Cheer

I've found myself spiraling into negative thoughts a bit lately - not emotional, depressive-type thoughts; just "this is annoying, this is stupid, people suck, why can't everyone just do what I want them to do" negative thoughts. I was reminded of THIS TALK by Elder Holland that always leaves me breathless after reading it. His words ring so true and inspire me to pay more attention to my words and my attitude, and how they affect the people around me.

I'm thinking I should read it every day for the next however-long-it-takes-to-really-sink-in.

Also hey! According to my own scale I'm 4 lbs down since last Saturday! It's CRAZY how much less I eat when I am 1.) Paying attention to whether or not I'm really hungry 2.) writing down my points and thinking about the food I'm putting in my body and 3.) eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

Cheerfulness! Kind words! Readysetgo!

4 comments:

beautifuldey said...

Thanks for sharing Kiersten. It's not even 8AM and I'm already feeling like I won't survive the day. Yesterday Emily told me to be happy. I said I was. She said "your face looks sad". I think I'll be reading that talk today too.

Gurgy said...

Sometimes it the happy thoughts that help you make it through the day =). I have to make myself write down what I am putting in my mouth lately and when I go back and look at it at the end of the day I am thinking.. .OMGosh... why did I put all that in my mouth??? lol

Catherine said...

I'm smart enough...

I'm good enough...

And, dog-gone-it! People like me!

"I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself, I like myself!"


Oh wait.... it wasn't "depressing thoughts".....

Try this....

"They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it, They are not stupid, even if they are acting like it!"

Haven't tried it myself, but maybe it will work! :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!