Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm not Home yet.


That's the view from my folks' backyard. Connor was freaked out the first morning when he kept hearing this noise, and I said, "Hon, that's a bird." (so. sad.) And then Fletcher came running to the window asking about all the ice all over stuff, and aunt Jacquie explained. His response, "Frost? What is frost?!"
my kids are SO from L.A.
The weatherman forecast a bunch of snow for the early morning when we were supposed to head back, so we're staying until tomorrow. The summit should be nice and clear and free of ice by then. For now, I'm enjoying:


A real pine tree. Complete with scent. (but then, the whole town smells like this, year round, so...)


crocheting with mom's hand-spun, hand-dyed yarns.


Editing my book, free of interruption. Sort of.


Wii!! We brought ours up, and it has been thoroughly enjoyed.


Playing with fire.


And letting the kids do whatever they please for 6 days straight.


I'll post highlights - like visiting Grandpa's work - when we get back.

5 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You are one organized writer with that three-ring binder -- I'm impressed! I've got papers flying every which way. I'm going to have to try it your way -- I bet I'd find what I was looking for more easily.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh how lovely. The town smells like pine... editing... wood burning...awww, I just feel like I'm there hanging out with you. Wonderful!

Nanette said...

Sure, sure, just make us all jealous why don't ya! I AM glad you're having such a fun time, though!

hannah said...

did you post this using dial-up??!!!

Unknown said...

Wow that makes me homesick lol I can't wait to go back to Cali in Jan!

Since when did Aunt Brenda and Uncle Allen get a cat? I thought they were dog people. O_o

Dang girl you need to get those boys out into the country more often! lol