Tuesday, October 13, 2009

well, i finished the top and mailed it off on friday to Mom to machine quilt it at her shop.  but there isn't a decent photo because my camera was IN THE CAR. 

so this is a corner of the finished quilt top, with borders, in the passenger seat of the car, at the post office.   good times. 

it looks far more christmas-y and far less autumn-y than I had hoped but it's still very nice looking and hopefully those two spots where my seams dont' even come close to matching up will "quilt out".  I'll take a photo when I get it back. 

speaking of which, I'm going to Weaverville to pick it up this weekend! Yay! Home! Forest! Autumn colors! Weather! The boys are beside themselves with excitement. I must say I am, too. 

6 comments:

Gurgy said...

Please give your mother a huge hug from me!! I miss her more and more each day.

Jeanne said...

Kristen that quilt is absolutely beautiful!!

hannah said...

looks good! can't believe you are leaving this weekend... are we ever going to be in the city at the same time?

Catherine said...

I wanna come

Catherine said...

By the way... I'm diggin' how you've finished your couch covers.
Tee Hee (no... I WON'T "shut up"!)

Karalenn Hippen said...

BEAUTIFUL! And I think it looks autumny too.