Tuesday, December 26, 2006

And a big relieved sigh. Christmas is over. I am never shopping again. (okay that's a giant LIE since I've already been out shopping today. Oh well)

Fletcher and Connor have been watching new movies, playing new games, and making sound effects with new toys all long-weekend. Connor is carting his new Star Wars blanket all over the apartment and Fletcher is hitting birdies (with alarming accuracy) at everybody's heads.

On Christmas Eve, we're sitting in church, and it's rather quiet because the sacrament is being passed (that's the bread and water, if there are actually any non-mormons or non-relatives who read this blog.) Not really 'rather', more like 'completely'. It's silent.

Fletcher: "Mommy, my penis is hurting!"

I am not kidding.

Connor has started taking piano lessons and is enjoying it. He reminded me that I had my own instrument to practice and I dug out the violin, only to pop an E string while I tried to tune it. Nanette was kind enough to buy me a new string for christmas, along with a music stand. But when I opened the package it was not an E-string but a G-string. (yes, THAT kind) Haha. She has the actual instrumental version at her place, I'll have to pick it up this week. Silly girl ;)

Christmas with no chocolate wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was simply devoid of warmth and happiness is all. I can deal.

No comments: