Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving weekend was fun. Good times had by all. We spent the holiday meal with the Hippens, and the boys enjoyed having company for most of the day.

This may have been my last excursion out on Black Friday. Parking was crazy. Items were sold out. Kare and I could have slept in, and done our shopping another day. It was fun to get out and have Mom-time, but it would be even better if Mom time didn't start at 4 a.m.

I'm feeling very negative lately about my no-chocolate stint. I don't care about it any more. As if, I will finish the year, and feel absolutely no sense of satisfaction at all about the whole thing. What does this mean? Should I stop Not Having Chocolate? Should I instead pick something that will give me satisfaction?

I wonder if this does not stem from my participation in NaNoWriMo. I mean, this month I have been writing a novel (currently at 40, 448 words!!). I have wanted to write a novel since I was a kid. This is so catastrophically MORE important to me than not eating chocolate, that it really makes the lesser goal pale in comparison. (although let me tell you, when one is trying to crunch out a 175 page novel in 4 weeks, one really REALLy misses the chocolate).

Anyway, that is my dilemma. I am considering halting my chocolate fast simply because I am afraid I will in the end feel like it was a waste of time. Or maybe I just want chocolate so much that I'm making up excuses. You tell me.

1 comment:

Karalenn Hippen said...

DON'T DO IT YOU BIG NERD! For heaven's sake, I gave up chocolate to support you. Now if you back down, I'm going to have to go over there and beat up your little butt! You can do it. It is a big accomplishment! Just because it's not as big as a novel doesn't make it not big. Besides, it's only because you are trying to fit two major goals in at once. WHen the book is done (tomorrow) :) you'll see how much easier it will be to not eat chocolate again. Don't cave. Don't make excuses. You're gonna do it and so am I darn it.